In essence, these templates serve as your guide in creating a clear and enforceable boundary agreement between parties.
Feel free to download and adjust these forms as per your requirements.
PROPERTY BOUNDARY AGREEMENTTHIS AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made and entered into this _____ day of ___________, 20_____, by and between ________________ (hereinafter “Party A”) and ________________ (hereinafter “Party B”).
RECITALSWHEREAS, Party A is the legal owner of certain real property located at ________________; and
WHEREAS, Party B is the legal owner of certain real property located at ________________; and
WHEREAS, Party A and Party B share a common boundary line; and
WHEREAS, Party A and Party B wish to clarify and establish the precise location of the common boundary line for all purposes.
AGREEMENTNOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants contained herein and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
1. BOUNDARY LINEThe parties agree that the common boundary line between their respective properties is located as follows: ________________.
2. MUTUAL RELEASEEach party releases and discharges the other, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, from all actions, claims, demands, costs, expenses and liabilities whatsoever for any loss, damage, or injury arising out of any disputes regarding the location of the common boundary line prior to the date of this Agreement.
3. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIESEach party represents and warrants to the other that they have the full right and authority to enter into this Agreement and to agree to the terms, covenants and conditions contained herein.
4. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of ________________.
5. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written. This Agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first above written.
Party A (Signature and Date) Party B (Signature and Date)
NOTARY ACKNOWLEDGEMENTState of ________________
County of ________________
On this, the _______ day of _______ in the year 20_____, before me, a Notary Public in and for the said county and state, personally appeared ________________, known to me to be the person whose name is subscribed to the foregoing instrument, and acknowledged that he/she executed the same for the purposes therein contained.
My Commission Expires: ___________
Before setting up your rental properties, it’s crucial to have your property lines clearly defined. This can be achieved with a boundary agreement, which prevents future disputes over land ownership. Similarly, when drafting an assured shorthold tenancy agreement, clear boundaries are essential for determining the tenant’s space and any common areas within the property.
Should a tenant decide to sublet a portion of their rented space, a boundary agreement will provide clarity on the subdivided areas. This is particularly important when creating a sublet lease agreement. The boundaries set out in the original agreement should be honored in the sublet lease to avoid conflicts.
A well-defined boundary agreement is also indispensable when dealing with different forms of property agreements. For instance, if you’re planning on renting out a granny flat, having defined boundaries will help avoid potential complications. Hence, it’s wise to incorporate clear boundary definitions in your granny flat agreement template.
Finally, if you’re an owner interested in selling your property but want to keep the option open for potential purchase in the future, an option to purchase agreement can be used. In this case, having a definitive boundary agreement would be beneficial to avoid any ambiguity about what area of land could potentially be re-purchased in the future.