1. Parties InvolvedTHIS AGREEMENT is made this _____ day of _______, 20___, by and between _______________, referred to as “Owner”, and ______________, referred to as “Renter”.
2. PropertyOWNER rents to RENTER and RENTER rents from OWNER, the boat slip numbered _____, located at _________________ (the “Slip”).
3. TermThe term of this Agreement will begin on ____________, 20____ and will continue until _________, 20__, unless earlier terminated as provided in this Agreement.
4. RentRENTER will pay to OWNER the rental amount of $______ per month, due on the first day of each calendar month.
5. Use of PropertyRENTER will use the Slip only for the docking of the boat described as follows: _________________. Any other use of the Slip will require the prior written consent of OWNER.
6. Maintenance and RepairsRENTER will keep the Slip in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
7. IndemnificationRENTER will indemnify and hold OWNER harmless from all claims, damages, or proceedings relating to RENTER’s use of the Slip.
8. InsuranceRENTER will maintain adequate insurance on the boat, with OWNER named as an additional insured.
9. TerminationEither party may terminate this Agreement with 30 days written notice to the other party. Upon termination, RENTER will remove the boat and all personal property from the Slip.
10. Governing LawThis Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of _________.
11. Entire AgreementThis Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties, and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement. OWNER:______________
This contract is subject to the laws and regulations of the state it is signed in and any additional state laws that are applicable should be added accordingly. Including, but not limited to, specific requirements for insurance, termination of lease, and liability clauses as per the requirements of the state law.
Other Useful ContractsIf you found the Boat slip lease agreement template useful, there are other templates that could be of interest to you. These include the Parking space lease agreement template, particularly if you are looking to rent out or lease additional spaces beyond your boat slip. Both agreements have similarities and can help to ensure you are adequately protected when leasing your private property.
If you’re involved in the marina business, the Marina berth lease agreement template might also be suitable for you. It is an essential contract for any marina owner or operator and can cover various facets of such lease agreements, including the duration, fees, and regulations regarding use and care of the berth.
Aside from marine-related leases, if you’re considering expanding your business interests into different areas, the Warehouse lease agreement template and the Commercial Property Management Agreement template could also provide beneficial frameworks for those dealings. The former can secure your rights and responsibilities if you’re planning on storing goods in a warehouse, while the latter may assist if you’re thinking about venturing into property management. Both these templates, similar to the boat slip lease agreement, will ensure that each party’s responsibilities are clearly understood.