1. PARTIESThis Bed and Breakfast Lease Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into this ______ day of _______, 20______ (the “Effective Date”), by and between _____________, with a mailing address at _____________ (the “Landlord”), and _____________, with a mailing address at _____________ (the “Tenant”).
2. PREMISESThe Landlord rents to the Tenant and the Tenant rents from the Landlord the premises located at _____________ (the “Premises”). The Premises will be used for the purposes of operating a bed and breakfast.
3. TERMThe initial term of this Agreement will begin on _____________ and will end on _____________. Thereafter, the Agreement will continue on a month-to-month basis until either the Landlord or the Tenant terminate this Agreement with written notice.
4. RENTThe Tenant will pay to the Landlord the monthly rent of $_______, payable on the 1st day of each calendar month.
5. SECURITY DEPOSITUpon the execution of this Agreement, the Tenant will deposit with the Landlord the sum of $_______ as security for the Tenant’s obligations under this Agreement.
6. INSURANCEThe Tenant will maintain at its own expense, a policy of liability insurance with a limit of not less than $_________.
7. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRThe Tenant will keep the Premises in clean, sanitary, and good condition. If any damage to the Premises is caused by the Tenant or the Tenant’s guests, the Tenant will notify the Landlord immediately, and will repair the damage at the Tenant’s expense.
8. DEFAULTIf the Tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this Agreement, or of any present rules and regulations governing the Premises, the Landlord may terminate this Agreement upon providing the Tenant with written notice of such default.
9. GOVERNING LAWThis Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of _____________.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Landlord and the Tenant and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement.
LANDLORD:_________________________ Name _________________________ Signature
TENANT:_________________________ Name _________________________ Signature *Please note that this template is to be used as a general guide and may not cover all possible legal requirements for your specific jurisdiction. Always consult with a lawyer before drafting or signing a legal contract.*
Other Useful ContractsIf you’re in the hospitality business and found the Bed and Breakfast lease agreement template helpful, you might also be interested in a variety of other related agreement templates. Running a bed and breakfast requires not only leasing your main property, but also engaging in various sub-activities such as food sourcing, maintenance and possibly even additional service provision.
For instance, if you’re expanding your bed and breakfast business to include on-site dining options, the Restaurant Lease Agreement Template could be very useful. This template can aid in structuring your lease agreement efficiently when renting a space specifically for restaurant operations.
Perhaps you’re considering a different kind of expansion – like adding an event venue within your property. If so, our easy-to-use Event Space Rental Agreement Template could simplify that process for you.
Expanding or shifting your operations may also necessitate additional storage space. In this case, you might find the Warehouse Lease Agreement Template beneficial. This can guide you while formalizing terms and conditions with the lessor of the storage facility.
Lastly, engaging contractors to manage different aspects of your bed and breakfast could necessitate usage of a Commercial Property Management Agreement Template. This could help ensure all management responsibilities are clearly defined and agreed upon by both parties.