Lease Agreement Template
1. PartiesThis Lease Agreement is between the [Landlord], and the [Tenant]. The landlord rents out the property located at [Property Address] to the tenant.
2. TermThe lease term will start on [Start Date] and will end on [End Date]. The tenant will vacate the property upon termination of the agreement.
3. RentThe monthly rental for the property is [Rental Amount], due on the first day of each calendar month.
4. Security DepositUpon execution of this lease, the tenant will deposit with landlord the sum of [Amount] as security.
5. Use of PropertyThe property shall be used for residential purposes only.
6. Repair and MaintenanceThe tenant will keep the property and all appliances in clean, sanitary, and good condition.
7. InsuranceThe tenant is responsible for having sufficient insurance to cover all personal property located on the property.
8. PetsNo pets shall be allowed on the property without the prior written consent of the landlord.
9. DefaultIf the tenant fails to comply with any of the material provisions of this lease, the landlord may terminate this lease upon providing proper notice to the tenant.
10. Governing LawThis lease shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of [State].
11. Entire AgreementThis lease contains the complete agreement between landlord and tenant and cannot be changed except by written agreement.
12. Landlord InformationThe landlord’s name and address are: [Landlord’s Name and Address].
13. Tenant InformationThe tenant’s name and address are: [Tenant’s Name and Address].
Note: This agreement should be in compliance with all state statutes and specific state regulations should be checked.
The Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Template is a more specific form of the Basic Lease Agreement Template. It outlines the details of a tenancy where the landlord does not live on the property, and it has an agreed upon expiry date. This is ideal for landlords who want to ensure they retain full control over their properties.
If you’re looking for versatility in your lease agreements, consider checking out the Option to Purchase Agreement Template. This template includes lease conditions with an added clause that gives the tenant a choice to buy the property. This ensures you have all your bases covered when leasing to prospective tenants who may be interested in purchasing down the line.
In contrast, if you’re planning on renting out only a portion of your home, like an extra room or a granny flat, the Granny Flat Agreement Template is designed for just that. This template allows you to shape the agreement according to the shared space conditions, maintaining your living comfort while generating income.
On the other hand, if you’re subletting your rented property, look into our Sublet Lease Agreement Template. As a tenant-turned-landlord, this document will guide you in creating a solid agreement that protects your rights and responsibilities as well as those of your subtenant.